Sunday, December 30, 2007

Letter to Family - December 1, 2007

December 1, 2007
Hey you guys - How are you all doing? Merry X-Mas! I can't believe it's already December! I have been here for over four months! It's beginning to feel like "cold season" at night (mid-50's), but it's still extremely hot during the day (110oF in the sun around 3:00 pm yesterday).
Well, I guess you guys will have already celebrated the Holidays by the time you get this, so I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, filled with Holiday spirit, good food, cold weather (sorry, dad!) and awesome presents! I've already begun to reminisce of us decorating the house (inside and out), going to Christmas Eve service, opening presents, listening to Christmas carols, and just enjoying time together. It's true what they say - You don't know what you have until it's gone! I encourage you guys not to take things for granted, especially during the Holidays, where we realize how fortunate we all are. I miss you all and think about you daily.
I hope everything is great back home and you all are trying to live up to my legend (happy face). Christmas won't be the same without you guys but I know we'll have great times together when I return. Have a happy New Year and keep in touch. Take Holiday pictures and send me some. Tell all the friends and family that I send my love! Talk to you all soon!
Love,

James

No comments: