Monday, June 18, 2007

Monday, June 18, 2007


Hello everyone,
I decided to set up this blog website because it will be my best way of relaying information to you guys while I'm out of the country. I have recently received my assignment to serve in the Peace Corps and I will be leaving on July 24, 2007.
I will be doing Community Health Education/Health Extension in Niger for the next 27 months. On the 24th of July I will fly out to Philadelphia for a three day pre-departure orientation and then I will fly to Niger for three months of pre-service training (PST) before I am sent to a rural village to begin my work. During training I will learn all of the necessary skills (language, technical, cross-cultural, etc) that I will need once I arrive in my village.
For now, I am making the necessary preparations to prepare for a 27-month trip to Africa! I have begun to learn French, the business language in Niger, as well as two local languages, Hausa and Zarma. I have also tried to start packing what I think I'll need for the next two years although packing for two years in only two bags is not as easy as you would think!
Well, I guess that's all for now, I will give further details as my departure date draws nearer!
Salaam aleikum,
James

2 comments:

NIGER1.COM said...

Hello James Mas I am from Niger and i live in New York
I manage a website about Niger
http://www.niger1.com/niger.html
You can read Niger latest news on my pages, also here is a page you need
please give it to other peace corps going to Niger
my email is niger1.coM@gmail.com

Tricia Montalbano said...

Hi James!

We are so happy you sre so excited! We know you will make a difference in the lives of the Nigerians and impact their lives in a meaningful way! We love you and as always are in our prayers! Love ~ Aunt Tricia